Friday, November 27, 2009

Hey can you tell me what you think of my friend's song on her myspace music page?

She needs people to listen to her and give her feedback. she is currently in a competition for Total Popstar and needs votes to help her get a video shoot, a recorded single and photo shoot, I know for a fact she will appreciate feedback. go to www.myspace.com/torihofficial and listen . You guys that will do it are awesome! you could be making her dream come true =)



Hey can you tell me what you think of my friend's song on her myspace music page?

Not my music but I'll give a review.



Nice and well pronounced english, a good and steady voice (but yet haven't heard how high/down she can get with her voice that's also important)



Yet I know that music like this can get pretty popular also a nice love song, the text isn't too bad (or quite good) where as a lot of popular music these days. One question I have is, if there's a lot of diversity compared to the other songs? (it's a decision to be made, either can be a good thing, or a bad thing (sticking to similiar rythms/themes or trying a lot out)) And I'm a little curious about that.



Personally I take a liking in Tomorrow may be too late.



So she's in a TV competetion? That should make it a little more easy, even if she doesn't win. In that case you probably even should try to send a promoCD to Sony BMG or other bigger labels, as there is a better chance with big labels compared to small ones (small ones mostly tacke only a few music types and are looking for something special in that field) Big labels have more resources "to just try out"



p.s.



Just try it, even if your Total Popstar dream doesn't come true, there's a steady basis (voice, texts, even tho the song which I took a liking too seems a little too minimalistic to me(repetitive) but this isn't necessarily a bad thing, as I like it *grins*



If the Total Popstar way doesn't work out, try it directly over the labels. This is my real advice and answer to the question.



Even tho it wasn't asked.



I wish her good luck :)



--- edit ---



Since it's popular music (or at least I call it that way, because I mean the definition of popmusic, not what is perceived as)



it could have a good chance to be considered, but since popular music has a lot of talents, this could make it a little harder. But both songs are good and well made.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Fish